Friday, November 10, 2006

Day 8 & 9, plus Day 10

Day 8
We had a terribly busy day last Wednesday, and I just couldn't bring myself to write a word. I collapsed into bed early and called it my first zero day. Oh well. I did accomplish something major for work--namely launching our new church website, a 150+ page site that's been in the works for the last few months. That made me feel much better. Still, a weak start for Week Two.

Day 9
Another reason why I let Day 8 go was because I knew that I would be going to my first regional Write-In here in town. I wasn't able to make any of the others because the days, times or locations didn't work out. But this time, I made it!

We did actually do a lot more writing than one would think. We had writing challenges in which we would have a timer set for ten minutes, then all would write furiously. At the end of the time, each person would shout out their word count for the time period. No prizes were given, but a lot of oohs and aahs made it worth it. :oP

I racked up 2,719 words in just under two hours. Woot!

Day 10
Today, I'm at Einstein's until they close. It's almost 2:00 p.m., so I've got about two hours left. Here I go to refill my Coke and dive into the world that belongs to Enchanted A. Smitten. I've been very excited to write in her POV for awhile. She's an interesting character. Her father is a TV evangelist and her mother is mystic. Needless to say, she grew up with some built-in issues. Mangy, meet Enchanted. Let's walk together for awhile...

Words to date: 14,369
Words to go: 35,631

EDIT: Finished writing here. Wrote 2,345 words in about two hours. I'm caught up again! My goal for the weekend is dip below 30,000 words to go. If all goes well, I should be able to get way under that by the end of my writing date Sunday.

Words to date: 16,714
Words to go: 33,286

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home